Tuesday, April 29, 2008

I love my camera more than chocolate!

The scene of the disaster


Yes, yes, yes, the title is shocking. To those who know me well, it is a toss up. Chocolate? Camera?An unanswerable question, much like what came first the chicken or the egg. But finally, pigs have flown, hell has frozen over, and the question has been answered.
I LOVE MY CAMERA MORE THAN CHOCOLATE,
What brought me to this thundering, momentous answer? It can be found in a simple equation.
1 Easter party with many kids screaming and running
+
one particularly hyper sweet little boy with my body in his trajectory
+
my brainless neglect of connecting the SAFETY STRAP to my camera
=
camera hitting pavement, resulting in a horrific event. A broken camera. Is anything sadder?
It has been a sad, and empty time in the Segalla household. I had nothing to record My son catching his first fish. I had nothing to preserve the memory of my son reading a magazine on the toilet. I had nothing to record three boys (two toddlers, one grown man) running around with underwear on their heads, nothing to record my baby growing at the speed of light!
And yet.
My camera is now fixed!
Ghirrardellis be gone! I care not for you!
Well...........................................................
now that my camera is fixed............................
I guess it is back to stealing my children's candy while they sleep.
But I still love my camera more.

0 comments: